IGUANA.bannerBflat

Friday, April 12, 2013

STAR WARS

Star Wars #7


A NEW ARC OF BRIAN WOOD’S BREAKOUT HIT!

STAR WARS #7

Brian Wood (W), Ryan Kelly (A), Dan Parsons (I), Gabe Eltaeb (C), and Rodolfo Migliari (Cover)
On sale July 10
FC, 32 pages
$2.99
Ongoing
Princess Leia takes the Rebels’ secret mission to the next level! Playing it safe has gotten them nowhere, and they are running out of resources and time. What’s the fastest way to get inside info on the Empire? Have your top pilots get themselves captured!
• Ryan Kelly, the artist from Brian Wood’s Local series, joins the Star Wars team!
“From the first scene in this new series, it is not hard to imagine playing Star Wars action figures with Wood sometime back in my childhood. That unbridled imagination, energy and excitement is exactly what Wood brings to this story.” –Comic Book Resources
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really excited to be joining the Star Wars team as Penciler for three issues starting in July. Also, It's great to be working with Brian again (even as our comic, Anthem, is on temporary hiatus). He has really captured the fun and adventure of the original trilogy in this book.
Obviously, it would have been great to do full art, but I opted for pencils-only as it was just impossible to do full art while still drawing Saucer Country and all my other projects. But, I'm super excited to be working with inker Dan Parsons, who has done plenty of Star Wars work, I do believe. And look at that awesome Migliari cover. I've always liked his work. 
Anyway, I'm drawing issues #7-9 and I hope you check out the series. I do believe the first trade collection is coming out about the same time as my issue, so you can catch up if you need to.
Here's some small details of my pencils for the upcoming issues:

Darth Vader

Emperor Palpatine

Luke Skywalker

C-3PO

Princess Leia


Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Rich Flood said...

These look outstanding! Looking forward to it!

2:27 AM  
Blogger Rich Flood said...

These look outstanding, great job nailing the likenesses! Looking forward to it!

2:29 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Amazing work Ryan, this is now on my buy list.

8:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home