IGUANA.bannerBflat

Friday, September 25, 2009

Louise Wener

Louise Wener

My newest MICROPHONE portrait is Louise Wener from the band Sleeper. Wait... Who from the What Now? Sleeper. It was a band. I'm fascinated by bands that show up and make a splash for 4 years, then just disappear from the collective human consciousness forever. I checked, and Louise Wener is now a mom, writes novels and plays poker. I think that's cool.

Primarily, I did this to investigate if Manga Studio Debut will be appropriate for the production of The New York Four 2. Hence, all the dots. I think Manga Studio will suffice.

All these musician portraits are for pure experimentation. I still have to do Terry Hall, Snoop Dogg, Tricky, M.I.A, Siouxsie Sioux, Robert Smith and David Byrne and maybe Johnny Cash. Any requests ?!?

Some Sleeper videos to help turn back the clock
InBetweener
Delicious
Nice Guy Eddie
What Do I Do Now?

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger B. said...

I'd like to see an Ian Curtis but maybe he's not your bag.

I've never heard these Sleeper songs, and I never missed 120 minutes in the '90s. Huh. Good stuff though. Kind of a more poppy Elastica.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Dave Carr said...

Morrissey? Vini Reilly? Sandie Shaw? Michael Jackson?

1:44 PM  
Blogger Hororo said...

How about Sun Ra or MF Doom ?

1:58 AM  
Blogger 'Lil Ric said...

Mark Sandman!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Crowley said...

requests:
Thom Yorke
Neko Case
Cat Power
MF Doom

4:54 PM  
Blogger Rob said...

Louise Wener is super cool. It's nice to know that someone remembers Sleeper!!!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Doctor Fantastic said...

Louise looks awesome! I'd love to see David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust. Also Maynard James Keenan, Dimebag Darrell, Django Reinhardt, Rodrigo y Gabriela and Katy Perry.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Timmagh said...

I've always loved Louise Wener. Very nice pic.
I agree with Ian Curtis, Thom Yorke and Bowie as Ziggy, they'd look awesome.
What about Marc Bolan?
Johnny Rotten? Sid Vicious?
Or Bono as Mr MacPhisto with the rest of U2 in their blue uniforms...?
Gary Numan?

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home