IGUANA.bannerBflat

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Suspicious Minds

This song pretty much describes my life at the moment. Ok, this song describes my entire life.

This is the finest cover I've ever heard. FYC completely own this song, and dare I say it's better than Elvis. It is (I'll get hate mail for that).

Oh yes, Dave Cox and David Steele (from The English Beat--The greatest band ever in the history of music, BTW) show they can dance better than Michael Jackson and James Brown combined (1:30).


This one's for Miss Vapid

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should draw the Beat girl. I mean, if you want.

1:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I need to track down more Roland Gift. He did a sweet cover of "That's How Strong My Love Is" for the Beautiful Girls soundtrack years ago.

5:22 AM  
Blogger Kat Vapid said...

Aww, fer me? You shouldn't have. I didn't realize you had such strong feelings for FYC.

I saw that weird-looking lead singer in some British '80's movie once and his name in the movie was like Christine or something. I kept waiting for them to explain why his name was Christine (or whatever) but they never did.

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you are SO right. FINE YOUNG CANNIBALS was a terrific band. Whatever happened to Roland? Man, I was expecting so much more from them when they seemed to disappear off the scene.

Don't forget Dave Wakeling and Ranking Roger in yout assessment of awesomeness, however. The BEAT was the BEST.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home