IGUANA.bannerBflat

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Can't Say

Can't Say

Won't Say

These are two pictures of things. To say this is the tip of the iceberg is a continental understatement. I have boxes of artwork I've never shown because I fiercely protect my one, single life-long creation. It's a comic I've been "working on" for over 20 years. I drew 60-some issues when I was age 11 through high school. Temporarily launched it after college. Attempted to relaunch and pitch it 2 years ago.

I want to do "silly" comics as well as "serious". This particular comic falls somewhere in the "completely insane" category. It's epic and nonsensical at the same time. I've never done a comic just for the pure joy of doing a comic. Free of rules and regulations. I mean, a comic that wasn't for a "job". Well, not for 20 years or something. So, this comic is me being a kid again.

I think the main comic will start next fall, 2010. But I'm going to put up two "prequel" stories that will run from about January to then. I don't think of this as a "webcomic". It's just something I'm drawing and I'm going to put up for free to look at. It's just a personal project. I might not even advertise it at all because if no one reads it, that would be kinda cool too. I'm just doing it for myself. For "Fun". Pun intended.

Let me know if you know anyone that knows anyone who can do website design. I want--and this is so important- to do basically nothing. If I can find someone who will do everything, that would be nice. I don't want learn site design and code. I draw and I paint. That's all i know how to do. I want to hand over the art and logo and do nothing else. Otherwise, I'll just probably put it up on blogger or Tumblr or something which is fine by me. Okay then.

8 Comments:

Blogger Moniker said...

Waiting. With. Bated. Breath.

1:35 PM  
Blogger Moniker said...

Waiting. With. Bated. Breath.

1:36 PM  
Blogger Nicole Robitaille said...

So cool! I'll be watching :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger X said...

Sounds awesome!!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger 'Lil Ric said...

HA! I remember getting handed an issue of this my Freshmen year...there was a dude with cactus arms and a crazy island. It was way awesome and I'm glad to see there's more coming!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Kirk Gauthier said...

Though I don't know squat about web design, you can probably find someone who does through one of Warren Ellis's many, many networking websites. As for said upcoming project, you can count on me to pick up each monthly issue. ^_^

7:33 AM  
Blogger Josh said...

rad. Sounds like someone needs a new intern... a web intern.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Phil said...

Your art rocks and I can't wait to see these stories.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home