IGUANA.bannerBflat

Friday, October 24, 2008

Benji, No!


Benji, No!, originally uploaded by funrama.



Here's an inked panel from my new job, Northlanders, which I think comes out next week. I can't draw as well as Davide Gianfelice and I can't invoke the Baroque drama that Dean Ormston does so well , but hopefully I bring something unique and different to the series. This looks more like my work in Lucifer than Local or stuff like that. If you put Lucifer, Giant Robot Warriors and Local next to each other, they all look like they're drawn by different artists. With Northlanders , I've been influenced by Lone Wolf and Cub and Vagabond by Takehiko Inoue, so that sorta shows up in the art. I hope people like it. I have 5 weeks to draw each issue but that's cool because I was sorta trained on doing monthly comics and I like doing the monthly schedule thing. I hope people like it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jeff said...

Wanted to tell you that I wrote a very amateurish review of Local on my blog.

http://mygreatestadventure.blogspot.com/2008/10/accidental-tourists.html

Great work, I just finished reading it today.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Grant Gould said...

Hey, man -- I just picked up your first Northlanders issue today. I'm insanely in love with it -- your style works perfectly with it. Can't wait to see the rest. :)

11:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home